Thursday, March 06, 2008

Liposuction Surgery - At What Age Can You Have A Liposuction Surgery?

A friend of mine is just 18 years old and thinking of having a liposuction surgery. She has always been struggling with her overweight. She tried different diets and made exercise but at the end she always gained back her weight. She ended up being pretty depressed and unhappy about her look.
I think there is a point for all of us where we want to quit and change our strategy. When you have really tried hard to do everything right and still have no success then I think there is nothing much that speaks against a liposuction surgery.
My friend was at this point. One day she asked me if I would recommend a liposuction to put an end to her never ending weight loss story. She is a little short in money but with the help of her parents she would be able to afford the surgery. In her mind she already made the decision. The only concern she had was her age. Would it be a good idea to have a lipo at such a young age?
I understand her frustration and I bet millions other people do as well. Have you been in this situation too? It can be so frustrating to do everything you can and still have just so marginal success in keeping a healthy body weight.
Back to my friend. I am not a doctor but I had a liposuction myself and told her about my positive experience. Although I am much older then my friend, I think a liposuction is a great way to get rid of some stubborn fat deposits. She is old enough to have this type of surgery and most doctors will tell the same.
However, some surgeons will tell her to wait. Every person is different. It depends on the overall health condition, the amount of fat, the area and many other things. Age is just one factor but if everything else is ok, why not?
Liposuction surgery today is a pretty safe thing. If you go with the new and modern techniques like laser liposuction you have a much lower risk of complications. The best tip I can give you is choosing a top surgeon. This is still one of the most important things to do.
Highly Recommended Reading:
Liposuction Surgery
Dangers Of Liposuction
Linda A. Lithony is an expert author on liposuction surgery and weight loss topics. Her articles about cosmetic surgery have been published on numerous web sites, forums, blogs and ezines all over the Internet.
By Linda Lithony